Released by Miss TV Girl
It comes as no surprise that the The Emmys likes the familiar, so when the nominations were announced this morning I was pleasantly shocked and surprised by the new faces that have finally been invited to the party this year. Now, I am still upset by the complete disregard of "Parenthood", for the second year.
Completely Excited About:
*Walter Goggins, Timothy Olyphant , and Margo Martindale, thanks for showing the love to the magnificent cast of "Justified".
* Finally "Parks and Recreations" up for best comedy.
* Louie C.K. the biggest and best surprise of the nominations
*Martha Plimpton nod for lead actress for "Raising Hope"
* Ed O'Neil getting some respect this year
*Gwyneth Paltrow nod for guest star boy did she rock on "Glee"
* Alan Cummings for "The Good Wife" boy do "I Love You "
I Don't Understand:
Mariska Hargitay , she is great, but the performance is not Emmy worthy year after year. There are just too many other dramatic lead actresses (Katey Segal, Kyra Sedgewick, and Lauren Graham)who should have their names on the ballot this year.
Betty White for "Hot in Cleveland", I understand the sentiment, but this is not an Emmy worthy performance. Now I say this as the person who list Betty White and the cast of "The Golden Girls" as the best in television history.
*Fringe" will the show and cast ever get any love from Emmy? This was by far the best season and Anna Torv, John Noble and Joshua Jackson all turned out stellar performances
* "Parenthood's" cast is one of the best on television(Peter Krause, Lauren Graham, Mae Whitman, Monica Potter) and still no love.
* Nick Offerman so deserved a nomination for "Parks and Recreations"
* Matt Czuchry for "The Good Wife", his work was great this year.
* Brent Sexton for the "The Killing", I felt his performance was just as worthy as Michelle Forbes nominations.
I don't know about you , but for the. first time in a very long time I am excited to watch "The Emmys". I just hate that two of my favorites Walter Goggins(Justified) and Alan Cummings ( The Good Wife) will compete and only one can win.