Friday, June 4, 2010

RIP: RUE McCLANAHAN


Released by Miss TV Girl

The wonderfully talented funny lady Rue McClanahan passed away from a massive stroke yesterday morning at the age of 76.

She will truly be missed by those of us, she made laugh time after time with memorable roles on "Maude" as Vivian and Blanche on "The Golden Girls".

The "Golden Girls" is my all-time favorite comedy, there is no other comedy past or present that even comes close to what those ladies delivered week after week for 7 seasons from 1985 to 1992. Growing up I remember my grandmother watching the show and just cracking up, I don't know, maybe I was to young to stop and see what was so funny back then , but about 12 years ago I started watching reruns of " The Golden Girls" and I finally got why this show was one of the highlights of my grandmother's week.

It is no surprise to, that "The Golden Girls" won several awards, including the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Comedy Series twice. It also won three Golden Globes for outstanding TV series comedy/musical. All four stars each received an Emmy Award throughout the series' run and each had multiple nominations.

Rue McClanahan you will be missed, but never forgotten. Rest in Peace my beloved Golden Girl.

Check out Rue in action



No comments:

Post a Comment