Wednesday, May 12, 2010

ABC PULL NEW SERIES "HAPPY TOWN" UNTIL JUNE


Released by Miss TV Girl

ABC has decided to pull the freshman mystery series "Happy Town" from its May schedule.  For the life of me I do not understand how a network expects for a show to gain any sort of momentum when it is pulled after just 2 episodes.  I am so glad this show was not on my radar because I would be highly pissed right now. 

Now don't get me wrong I understand that television does not exist just to make Miss TV Girl happy, but that it is a business and if a program is underperforming week after week,  the network has no choice but to pull the program from the lineup.  I am just saying that moves like this make it really hard to invest in a program like "Happy Town" that centers around a mystery.

"Primetime:What Would You Do" will replace "Happy Town on May 19.   ABC will air the remaining final five episodes beginning Wednesday, June 2.

"Happy Town" debuted on April 28 to disappointing ratings and dropped a considerable 29 percent on its second airing.


Are you upset about this news?

No comments:

Post a Comment