Saturday, September 26, 2009

VINCENT D'ONOFRIO LEAVING LAW & ORDER:CRIMINAL INTENT


Released by Miss TV Girl

I am very upset to report that USA has confirmed Vincent D'Onofrio's departure from "Law & Order: CI."

Series creator Dick Wolf says D'Onofrio will appear in a two-part story to kick off the show's ninth season in which D'Onofrio's Detective Robert Goren will hand the reins of the Major Case Squad to Detective Zack Nichols (Jeff Goldblum).

"After eight seasons, and with the addition of Jeff Goldblum, now is the perfect time for me to explore other acting opportunities, and I leave the show knowing it is in great hands with Jeff," D'Onofrio says in a statement. He also leaves the door open for Goren to make a return appearance.

"For all my loyal 'CI' fans, I wouldn't be surprised if Goren pops up from time to time," he says.

Mr. D'Onofrio I am one of your loyal fans and this announcement is very upsetting for me to report. Your contribution to "Criminal Intent" as Detective Goren has been nothing short of a outstanding and I will miss you tremendously.

I thought having you appear in only half of the episodes was upsetting, but to now find out you will only appear in the first 2 hrs is just heartbreaking. You are the reason I watch "Criminal Intent". Not to take anything away from the other talented actors, but you were the reason I tuned in every week.

I will continue to follow your career and look forward to your next move.

No comments:

Post a Comment