Monday, August 10, 2009

GREAT NEWS FOR "BURN NOTICE",BUT WHAT ABOUT OTHER TV SHOWS


Released by Miss TV Girl

Burn Notice goes out on top. The first half of its third season drew 7.6 million viewers and 2.8 million in the 18-49 demo, making it the top scripted show of the night.

I wish these numbers meant as much to the big three networks, FOX and The CW. If so, maybe tv shows would have a chance to build a following.Watching the non cable tv shows can be very frustrating with how the networks are pulling them after 3 to 6 showings.

I personally have decided not to watch a new show until I know that it has been picked up. Yes, this does cause a backup on the DVR, but why invest your time into something to only have it pulled without a chance to build an audience. I think my real problem is that I still haven't recovered from the cancellation of "Journeyman and "Will Traveler". I mean, could the networks at least commit to wrapping up the storylines. Now, I know the average person probably doesn't get as wrapped up into a tv show as I do, but I want a conclusion and I know that I am not alone..

I think that the networks are starting to catch on that fans aren't willing to commit until we see that the networks are behind the show. This season alone more than half of the cancelled tv shows were allowed to wrap up their storylines before being pulled off of the air and some shows were allowed to return even though the ratings were low,but the fan commitment was high .

I am just finding more stability, commitment, and happiness in my cable television viewing these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment